Saturday, January 16, 2010

Which Logitech Harmony remote models will be able to control ';any'; of their database of codes?

I know some of the Harmony remotes can download newer codes as they become available. Which models can or can not access the full spectrum of codes?





I ask because some older Harmonys are available for a much lower price. Since they are not likely to natively support some devices, will they still be able to download codes for devices when we don't have the original remotes to ';learn'; from?





Also, can Harmony remotes save profiles they ';learn'; to the PC? I ask in case I ever upgrade remotes or otherwise the remote fails and has to be re-programmed. I'm wondering if I could borrow a remote from someone and make a profile from it that I would always have to keep.





There is a lot of information available but it's hard to wade through to just get these basic questions answered.Which Logitech Harmony remote models will be able to control ';any'; of their database of codes?
As long the remote has a USB interface, it can access the whole database through your PC. I think all Harmony remotes support that.





Yes, your profile is saved on your Harmony account and on your PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment