Saturday, January 16, 2010

Do American border control have access to British criminal database?

Unfortunately in my misspent youth I got convicted of possession of a class A drug. I was given 100 hours of community service. This was over 5 years ago and to my understanding is now a spent conviction.


I am travelling to the USA in August and the flights are already booked. I have read a lot of info into this and understand that I need an ESTA to fly to the US, and because of my spent conviction I am unable to get this. So I need to apply for a visa. Is this process difficult? And does it cost much money?


If the border control doesn鈥檛 have access to criminal database can I just not declare this spent conviction and use a ESTA form and not apply for a VISA?


Sorry this is several questions. Advice would be greatly appreciated.Do American border control have access to British criminal database?
Yes, drug offenses are accessible. If you lie about it, you will not only be caught., you will be charged under US law with violating their immigration laws, a Federal Felony.





Don't compound one problem with a more serious one. Apply for the proper visa. It's not terribly expensive, but it will take a significant amount of time. Contact the local Embassy for an estimate of how long. For a flight in August, I suspect you should get on it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment